Okay guys, I’ve been super sucky about keeping up with my blog this year. 14 posts 😦 I’ve been sewing like crazy and have not taken the time to take pics. I have posts started but not finished. I feel that it’s best to just start fresh come January so any blog posts that I started are going to be trashed!
That being said, I should at least catch you up on the few items that didn’t get their time in the spotlight here on my blog.
Bridgetown Dress by Sew House Seven. I scored this fabric for free at the AZ Sewcial back in October. If you ever have a chance to meet up with other sewists, do it! It was the best high I could have asked for!
Front and back shot. I did change up the back. The back is the front piece. I did not want the low back on this one so easy change!
Next up is a vintage pattern. It’s supposed to be a dress but I cropped it into a tank top. I changed up the back on this one too. It should be criss cross straps. Totally didn’t realize it when I was first looking at the pattern.
If you’ve been following me for a while, I really don’t pay as much attention to patterns or how much fabric I have. I start something and just get somewhere in the end. Simplicity 1101 was no different. I copied the front piece for the back piece of this one too! I lined the top bit but the rest is see through. Scandalous! This fabric came from FabScrap. It was part of their “cool yard pack”.
Simplicity 1278 Vintage reprint pattern. I had some leftover fabric and thought it would make for a great work shirt. The stretch would make it comfortable but it would look classy with the pretty pattern. Had to blow out the pic a bit to even try to see any detail. Black is always so hard to photograph! It has a gathered, off-center neckline. It was a very strange detail to sew. I didn’t get it perfect but would like to have another go at it some time.
Tie-dye/Cloud Skirt. Not sure what to call this one but the fabric is a great spandex in a pretty color way of blue, pink and purple. I made large pleats around the waist and a large waistband. It also has pockets. Great to swish around in but secret pajamas too.
Super quick and easy project next. While at the AZ Sewcial the beautiful and talented Lauren from @rosegardenln, showed us how to do a Shibori dye. Amazing! One of the girls gave me a scrap of her fabric, which was a mid-heavy weight canvas. I knew it had to be a bag. I wanted the inside to be bright and I had leftover poly fabric from a shirt project. This baby was free to make. How awesome is that?
Never have I given myself a deadline for a project. I gave myself 2 weeks to get a semi-formal dress together for Hubby’s Xmas party. I purchased a purple rayon challis from Fabric Wholesale Direct. The fabric came sooner than expected so I could knock this out. The pattern is Simplicity 8013 and the only real change I made was to the front bodice. The crossover pieces should be pleated towards the waist. I didn’t need more bulk in that area. I put a long dart from the bust diagonally to the crossing point. Pardon my glaring white legs. I’m a pale baby people!
First cat project! Yes, there are two. I bought this fabulous cat fabric from Michael Levine in LA over the summer. I knew I needed a retro dress and it kind of built itself. The straps and pleated front are from the same purple fabric. I covered buttons to match the kitty fabric and lastly, threw some organza below to give a bit of body. It hangs a little low for a bit of detail.
Second cat project! This one was for Hubby. He’s a lucky dude. I saw this fabric also at Michael Levine. It’s kind of a kitty twilight zone. He loves Twilight Zone btw. Simplicity 8180 is the pattern. It’s the same one I used for his holiday kitty shirt.
Last up, are my super duper, girlie curtains for my sewing room. I bought the curtains from HomeGoods. They were long panels with sparkle, diamonds. I wanted to make them different. I cut them apart in long strips, ruffled them and hemmed it. I put a blackout fabric behind the whole thing because the sunlight coming through them kind of ruined the effect. I also made a big giant bow to pull them back too. Could it be any prettier?
Now let’s do a round up!
Over the course of 2018 I made:
- 12 Tops
- 12 Dresses
- 3 Embroidery Projects
- 1 Bottom
- 9 Random items (bags, whatnots)
That doesn’t even include the woodworking projects I did! I made a 3 tier shelf, bathroom vanity and an iphone charging station.
My least productive months were February, May, and November; only completing 1 project those months. Best months were: March, July, and August with 5 items each. Not sure what that’s about but it was interesting when I mapped everything out.
Big plans for this year are:
- Keep up with my blog 🙂
- Complete “makenine2019”. I did this back in 2017 and I think it helps to keep me focused throughout the year.
I hope everyone has a great New Year! Lots of love and happy times to everyone!