I love cotton sheets. 100% cotton is my jam! I had one set that I used and washed so much the fitted sheet fell apart. I was left with a sheet that had no mate. What was a girl to do? Make shit out of it!
I decided I would first make a nightie. I wanted a light, short nightie for the hot AZ summers. I picked a vintage reprint pattern from Simplicity, 8126 to be exact. It totally looks like a nightie so it’s not a far stretch.
I never made this pattern before but since I’m making something to sleep in, I wasn’t too worried if things didn’t turn out perfect. I did crop the shit out of these photos so no inappropriate tushy will be flashed!
The biggest pain in the behind was the elastic across the shoulder. It kept popping out of the stitching. I think I had to fix it at least three times before I knew it was finally secure.
I folded up a lot of the bottom to make a super short nightie. I really didn’t want to get all caught up in it as I tossed and turned in bed. I stitched a bit of decoration along the hem to help it lay flat. I also thought I could make little bloomers to match. Have yet to even think about planning those out.
This is so light and comfortable to sleep in. It’s exactly what I was hoping it would be. I still have quite a bit of sheet left so maybe the bloomers and possibly a robe are in my future.