Time to finish out Me-Made-May. It’s gone really well! I’m so much happier not taking photos in the morning and trying to find a photo where I’m not making a weird face. Fast and quick mmm17 shots peeps. Totally the way to go.
Day Sixteen & Seventeen:
- B5526 Shirtdress
- Butterfly Simplicity 1364 top and RTW pants
Day Eighteen & Nineteen:
- B5526 black shirt, RTW speckled pants
- Nerdy Colette Sorbetto, Jamie Jeans by Named Patterns
Day Twenty & Twenty-One:
- Simone by Victory Patterns <– love this dress
- Tie-dye maxi refashioned from a bunch of tie-dye shirts
Day Twenty-Two & Twenty-Three:
- Colette Sorbetto in ITY Knit, RTW Sweater and Jeans
- Simplicity 1364 blue sweater, B5613 geometric skirt (wish I had more of that fabric)
Day Twenty-Four & Twenty-Five:
- Blackout Colette Sorbetto, Refashioned maxi dress to skirt
- Animal print Simone by Victory Patterns
Day Twenty-Six & Twenty-Seven:
- B5526 Blurple Shirt & RTW jeans
- Franken-style Simplicity 1692 (BTW this starts the moment that I only took pics of my handmade items. I swore I wore pants in the rest of these)
Day Twenty-Eight & Twenty-Nine:
- B5526 Blue “Bob Ross” shirt
- Simplicity 1692 Granny Chic shirt
Day Thirty & Thirty-One:
- Toaster Sweater with 3/4 sleeves
- Briar Tee by Megan Nielsen. This one is actually for Project: Sew My Style so you’ll see a full post for it later this month
Entire Month in a Teeny Picture!
This was the best Me-Made-May! I didn’t feel panicked on what to wear every morning. Most days are me-made anymore so it didn’t seem like a strenuous activity. Part of my “cool” attitude is the amount of clothes I’ve made over the past year. They’re all clothes I like to wear. I don’t feel “eh, whatevs, that’ll do” about them.
When I was first learning how to sew, I felt the need to produce quantity not quality. I think mostly I was trying to understand the whole clothes making process and understanding these crazy foreign words in the instructions of patterns. All in all ,I feel that I’m getting better at picking patterns that fit my style and personality. I’m learning how to make clothes fit properly and that I feel good in.
I’m happily making my way to my wardrobe being entirely me-made. I think this MMM17 really made that apparent Woo-hoo! *happy dance* Did you participate in Me-Made-May? Do you plan on it in the future? What’s your favorite part of the process?